Director change may fall on any of the below category of services. It is advisable to call our helpdesk before selecting the required services.
- Appointment of director by the board
- Appointment of director by shareholders
- Resignation of director
- Resignation and transfer of shares
- Resignation and appointment of director (either by the board or shareholders)
- Resignation, appointment of directors and transfer of shares (either to new director or existing shareholders)
- Death of a director
- Removal of a director
A director of a company can be appointed by the board if authorized by the articles of the company or by shareholders at the General Meeting. The new director need not be a shareholder in the company. However, in small companies, the management gives ownership in the company along with appointment of a director. The appointment of a director shall be as per the provisions of company and laws and regulations.
Similarly, if a director resigns from the company, and if he/she holds any shares in the company, he/she must transfer the shares to the new director or existing shareholders (who may be a director). Hence, selection of these services must be done very carefully as many of these services may fall into different categories. Answering the below questions helps you to select the correct services.