Overview - GST Registration
Find GST Registration Goverment Fee
GST Registration goverment fee computation tool. Fill below details and submit
GST is a single comprehensive tax on the supply of goods and services across India, right from the manufacturer to the Consumer. GST is applicable to the whole of India except the state of Jammu & Kashmir. GST would be levied on Supply of goods and services or both and hence the present prevalent concepts of levy of Excise Duty on manufacture, VAT on sales, Central sales Tax on sales, Service tax on services, Entry tax on entry of goods in local area would no longer be in existence.
Who is Liable for GST Registration?
Every person needs to get registered under GST in the state from where he makes taxable supply of goods and/or services, if his aggregate turnover in a financial year exceeds Rs.20 Lakhs (Rs.10 Lakhs in North Eastern States including Sikkim)
Generally, the liability to register under GST arises when you are a supplier within the meaning of the term, and also your aggregate turnover in the financial year is above the Exemption threshold of Rs.20 lakh rupees. However, the GST law enlists certain categories of suppliers who are required to get compulsory registration irrespective of their turnover that is to say, the threshold exemption of 20 lakh is not available to them.
The Following suppliers are required to obtain GST Registration compulsorily irrespective of the size of their turnover are:
Get your Company/LLP Up in 7 days
Companiesinn is the only online legal service provider have the ability to evaluate legal questions and advise without human intervention.
GST Registration - Requirements
Process of GST Registration
Before obtaining the GST Registration, the required business entity registration is required to be obtained except the case of Sole Proprietorship, The business to be registered as Partnership or One Person Company (OPC) or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or as Private Limited Company. Sole Proprietorship does not require any specific registration before obtaining GST Registration.
Obtain PAN for the business. PAN is must for registering under GST. In case of sole proprietorship, the PAN of Individual is enough
Opening Current Account
A current Account is required to be opened and the details of Current Account Number and Bank details are mandatory for obtaining GST Registration.
Online Application to ww.gst.gov.in
Submit application online at ww.gst.gov.in with documents required for GST Registration
Obtaining Application Reference Number (ARN)
On successful filing of Application, an Application Reference Number (ARN) will be generated by the GST Portal. With the ARN, we can track
Generation of User ID and Password at ww.gst.gov.in
Once Registration is approved, generate a user id and Password at GST Portal
Download the GST Registration Certificate
GST Registration Certificate can be downloaded from GST Portal
The following are the documents for GST Registration
- Incorporation Certificate Company / LLP
- PAN of Company / LLP
- Cancelled Cheque Leaf with Company name / Bank Statement
Directors / Promotes
- PAN and Address Proof of all the Promoters
- Photograph of all the Promoters / Directors (jpeg format)
- Authorisation letter to the Primary Signatory
- Digital Signature Certificate Authorised Signatory / Signatories
Business Address Proof
- Electricity Bill or Tax Paid Receipt with the address and NOC From the Owner of Premises / Rental Agreement (Commercial Purpose) in Business Name
Business to be registered as Partnership or Company or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). Sole Proprietorship does not require any business registration.
Obtain PAN for the business. In case of sole proprietorship, the PAN of Individual is enough
Current Account details of Business are mandatory for obtaining GST Registration.
Address Proof / Rental Agreement
Electricity Bill or Tax Paid Receipt with the address and NOC From the Owner of Premises / Rental Agreement (Commercial Purpose) in Business Name
Faq - GST Registration
1. Incorporation Certificate Company / LLP
2. PAN of Company / LLP
3. Cancelled Cheque Leaf with Company name / Bank Statement
4. Directors / Promotes
5. PAN and Address Proof of all the Promoters
6.Photograph of all the Promoters / Directors (jpeg format)
7. Authorisation letter to the Primary Signatory
8. Digital Signature Certificate Authorised Signatory / Signatories
9. Business Address Proof - Electricity Bill or Tax Paid Receipt with the address and NOC From the Owner of Premises / Rental Agreement (Commercial Purpose) in Business Name
1. any person engaged exclusively in the business of supplying goods or services or both that are not liable to tax or wholly exempt from tax under this Act or under the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act;
2. An agriculturist, to the extent of supply of produce out of cultivation of land.
3. The Government may, on the recommendations of the Council, by notification, specify the category of persons who may be exempted from obtaining registration under this Act.
First 2 Digits - State Code
3-12 Digits - PAN number of a business
13th Digit - Number of registrations of a business entity within a state. It will be an alpha numeric number (1-9 and A-Z) depends on the number of registrations.
14th Digit - It will be by default as Z.
15th Digit - A check code which is be used for detection of errors.