Overview - Closure of Defunct LLP
Find LLP Closing Goverment Fee
LLP Closing goverment fee computation tool. Fill below details and submit
An LLP is required to file certain mandatory returns whether it does the business or not. Non- filing of due returns will attract penalties and prosecution under the LLP Act and the designated partners are liable to face the same action. Cessation of operation cannot be a reason for non-filing of returns; an LLP continues to exist until its formal closure. An LLP being a separate legal entity registered under law, it is mandatory to be closed as stipulated under the LLP Act.
An LLP fulfilling the following conditions can file an application for striking off its name from the Register of LLP.
- LLP should be inoperative from the date of incorporation OR inactive for a period of at least one year
- LLP should not have any assets / liabilities as on date of application.
The application for striking off the name should be submitted along with the required fee, consent of all partners, affidavits and indemnity by all designated partners, copy of the latest IT return and a Statement of Accounts not older than 30 days from the date of application certified by a Chartered Accountant.
A defunct LLP can make an application to the Registrar with the consent of all partners of the LLP for striking off its name from the register.
A defunct LLP refers to an LLP that has never started business or is not carrying any business for the immediate past one year and has no assets and liabilities.
Get your Company/LLP Up in 7 days
Companiesinn is the only online legal service provider have the ability to evaluate legal questions and advise without human intervention.
LLP Closing - Requirements
Analyse the Eligibility of LLP for Closure
Prepare Application and Documents to be filed with ROC
File Application to ROC in LLP Form 24
Process for Closure of Defunct LLP
Close of Business Operations
The LLP should have closed its complete business operations
Close of Bank Accounts
Preparation of Closing Statement of Accounts
LLP to prepare a Statement of Accounts of LLP at the date of application
Application to ROC - LLP Form -24
Partners of LLP to file application to Registrar along with an Indemnity and affidavit
LLP Documents Required
- PAN of LLP
- LLP Agreement by Partners
- Latest Income Tax Return (if any)
- Bank Account Closure Statement / Certificate
- Latest Statement of Accounts of LLP
Documents from Partners & Designated Partners
- PAN of Partners
- Aadhaar of Partners
- Latest Address Proof of Partners
Benefits of Closing a Defunct LLP
LLP should not have started business after incorporation; OR
LLP is not carrying any business for past one year; AND
LLP has no assets and liabilities
Faq - LLP Closing
1. It should have a PAN
2. It should be inoperative from the date of incorporation OR inactive for a period of at least one year
3.It should not have any assets / liabilities as on date of application.
4. It should not have any bank account live as on date of application.
5. It should have filed the latest IT return.
1. required fee
1. consent of all partners
1. affidavits and indemnity by all designated partners
1. copy of the latest IT return and
1. Statement of Accounts not older than 30 days from the date of application certified by a Chartered Accountant.