Overview - Professional Tax Employee Registration
Find Professional Tax - Employee Goverment Fee
Professional Tax - Employee goverment fee computation tool. Fill below details and submit
Profession Tax (PT) is a tax levied on the employment and Profession by respective State Government in India. In Karnataka, Profession Tax is levied under the Karnataka Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1976. Under the provision of the Act, Profession Tax shall be paid by every person exercising any Profession or calling or is engaged in any trade or holds any appointment, public or private as specified in the Schedule to the Act.
Professional Tax is payable by the following ‘PERSONS’ (Individuals and Business Entities) engaged in any Profession, trade, callings or employment in the State of Karnataka:
A. Employers (Business Organisations)
- Sole Proprietor
- Partnership Firm (Registered / Unregistered)
- Limited Company (Private / Public)
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Corporations and Corporate Bodies
- Hindu Undivided family (HUF)
- Trust / Society / Club / Association.
- Employees with Salary/Wage of Rs.15000 /- or more
There are two components to Professional Tax.
1. Professional Tax - Employer
Every business is assumed as employer. Every business establishment must obtain the Professional Tax - Employer Registration / Enrolment Certificate (EC) within 30 days of commencement of business. The employer must pay professional tax of Rs.2500.00 to the Government annually.
2. Professional Tax - Employee
Every employee whose income is Rs.15000 or more is liable to pay professional tax of Rs.200 per month. The employer is liable to pay this amount to the government deduct this amount from the salary of the employee.
Professional Tax Employee Registration - Certificate of Registration (RC)
Tax payable under this Act by the employee shall be deducted by his employer from the salary or wage of the employee before making the payment of salary to employee and such employer shall be liable to pay tax to the Government on behalf of all such employees.
Every employer liable to Professional Tax on behalf of their employees must obtain a Certificate of Registration (RC) with in thirty days of his becoming liable to pay tax (starting employment of people).
Professional Tax Employee Registration is a must for all the employers who employ people with salary or wages of Rs.15000 /- or more. Certificate of Enrollment (EC) is must for obtaining the Certificate of Registration (RC).
Get your Company/LLP Up in 7 days
Companiesinn is the only online legal service provider have the ability to evaluate legal questions and advise without human intervention.
Professional Tax - Employee - Requirements
Process of Professional Tax Employee Registration
Business Registration / Incorporation
Register the Business as Proprietorship /Partnership / Limited Liability Partnership or Private Limited Company
Obtain Professional Tax Employer Registration (Enrolment Certificate)
Professional Tax - Employer Registration / Enrolment Certificate (EC) is required to be obtained within 30 days of commencement of business.
Application for Professional Tax Employee Registration
A business that has obtained Employer Registration (Enrolment Certificate) only can apply for Employee Registration, Every employer is liable to Professional Tax Employee Registration with in thirty days of starting employment of people with salary of Rs..15000 or more
Obtaining Certificate of Registration (RC)
After submission of application, submit the supporting of documents to Depart and obtain the Certificate of Registration (RC)
- Professional Tax Enrolment Certificate (EC) of Employer
Business Registration Documents
- Incorporation / Registration Certificate
- Company PAN Card
- MOA & AOA of Company or LLP Agreement or Partnership Agreement etc
- Cancelled cheque – Current Account of Business
- Business premises address proof- Electricity bill / Tax Receipt or valid rental agreement in the name of the company & Electricity bill copy in the name of the owner.
- Last Balance Sheet, if any
- Authorisation Letter
Directors / Promoters
- PAN card of all Directors/ Promoters
- Address Proof of all Directors/ Promoters
- List of Directors/ Promoters
- List of Employees and their date of appointment
- Salary Statement
Professional Tax Employee Registration
Every employer is liable to Professional Tax Employee Registration with in thirty days of starting employment of people with salary of Rs..15000 or more
Deduction of Professional Tax
Employer to deduct the professional tax of Rs.200.00 from employee per month and pay to Government
Monthly Payment of Tax and Filing Return
Employer to pay the deducted professional tax to Government every month and file a return of payment.
Faq - Professional Tax - Employee
- Employees with Salary/Wage of Rs.15000 /- or more
B. Employers (Business Organisations)
1. Sole Proprietor
2. Partnership Firm (Registered / Unregistered)
3. Limited Company (Private / Public)
4. Limited Liability Partnership
5. Corporations and Corporate Bodies
6. Hindu Undivided family (HUF)
7. Trust / Society / Club / Association.