Documents Required for GST Registration
GST Registration Process is 100% online and there is no requirement of submission of physical documents to GST Department. For getting GST Registration, every business has to file an application in Form GST REG-01 at the GST common portal with the following details and documents electronically.
Documents to be submitted to GST portal by the Applicant
- Business Registration Documents (Certificate of Registration), if any.
- PAN of Business (Mandatory)
- Declaration / Resolution / Authorisation to Authorised Signatory
- Bank Account Details
- Photograph of Proprietor / Directors and Authorised Signatory
- Address Proof for GST Registration and consent letter from the owner of premises. (Copy of Property Tax Receipt or Copy of Municipal Khata or Copy of Electricity Bill ONLY will be acceptable as address Proof)
The Process of GST Registration is same for every type of Business. The specific requirements of Documents to be submitted to GST portal depends on the status of business entity and the type of address used by the Business. Read More about the specific requirements:
Every business having aggregate turnover of Rs.20 Lakhs (in case of supply of services) and Rs.40 Lakhs (in case of supply of goods) have to obtain registration under GST Rules.